Powered by classicalmusicians.org, our online application requires that you create an account through our application portal to begin the application process. Existing classicalmusicians.org members should use their account credentials to access our online portal. If you are having trouble, please contact us.
The application site enables the submission of all or most of the application materials. We strongly encourage you to complete the application process online to avoid additional processing fees, shipping charges, or delays. If for whatever reason, you're unable to submit the portfolio online, you may choose the option to send it by postal mail (see Portfolio by Postal Mail) during the application process.
Please have the following information handy to complete the online application. We recommend that you verify the accuracy of the information provided.
- Personal Information: Your date of birth and citizenship status
- Contact Information: Your current and permanent contact information including mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and email address
- Professional Information: List of schools attended, degrees/awards received, principal teachers, professional ensembles, and other festivals including dates for all of the above
- Reference Information: Names and email addresses of two professional references, one reference may be your current teacher
- Audition Material: Please see the Audition Requirements section of your respective program.
Please consult individual program pages for audition requirements.
- You may upload images, MP3 audio, PDF files or embed external links such as Youtube or Vimeo. Please convert proprietary data such as Sibelius or Finale to a compatible format before submission.
- During the application process, you have an opportunity to indicate your recommenders. After the initial submission of the application, your recommenders will receive email notifications with instructions for filing recommendation forms.
- Candidates wishing to apply for both primary and auxiliary instruments (e.g., flute & piccolo) may submit one application with recordings of both.
- Applicants may submit a single application to fellowship and student programs.
Online applicants may use a credit card to pay the AMF application fee for immediate processing. Our online application accepts payment by American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa.
To pay your application fee by personal check, complete our online application procedure and mail your check to:
Atlantic Music Festival
228 Park Ave S #31975
New York, NY 10003
All checks must be made payable to the Atlantic Music Festival.
Portfolio Submission By Postal Mail (Optional)
We strongly encourage applicants to use our online system for application submission. However, applicants who wish to submit their portfolio by postal mail may do so. For instructions, please click here.
Applicants will be notified of the results via e-mail on or after February 15, 2020. Processing for applications received after January 21, 2019 , may vary between three and six weeks depending on the time of submission.
Successful applicants are allowed two weeks to accept or decline the invitation and must complete the required paperwork and submit registration deposit to secure the position.