Our online application is powered by ClassicalMusicians.org and requires that you create an account in order to submit the application. Existing ClassicalMusicians.org members should use their account credentials to access the site. If you are having trouble accessing the online form, please contact us.
The application site enables submission of all or most of the application materials. We strongly encourage you to complete the application process online in order to avoid additional processing fees, shipping charges, and/or delays. If for whatever reason, you're unable to submit the portfolio online, you may choose the option to submit the portfolio by postal mail (see Portfolio by Postal Mail) during the application process.
Please have the following information handy in order to complete the online application. It is advised that you verify the accuracy of information provided.
- Personal Information: Your date of birth and citizenship status
- Contact Information: Your current and permanent contact information including mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and email address
- Professional Information: List of schools attended, degrees/awards received, principal teachers, professional ensembles, and other festivals including dates for all of the above
- Reference Information: Names and email addresses of two professional references, one reference may be your current teacher
- Audition Material: Please see Audition Requirements section of your respective program.
Please consult individual program pages for audition requirements.
- You may upload image, MP3 audio, PDF files or embed external links such as Youtube or Vimeo. Any proprietary files such as Sibelius or Finale must be converted to compatible format prior to submission.
- During the application process, you have an opportunity to indicate your recommenders. After the initial submission of the application, your recommenders will receive email notifications with instructions for filing recommendation forms.
- Candidates wishing to apply for both main and auxiliary instruments (i.e. flute & piccolo) may submit one application with recordings of both instruments.
Online applicants may use a credit card to pay the AMF application fee, and such applications will be processed immediately. Our online application accepts payment by American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa.
For those applying by postal mail, personal checks are also accepted. To submit your application fee by postal mail, simply follow our online application procedure and look for the information regarding Application Fee Submission by Postal Mail. Your application will not be processed until we receive payment of the application fee.
Applicants who are not selected as part of the fellowship program will be considered for a position in a respective AMF Institute students program.
Portfolio Submission By Postal Mail (Optional)
We strongly encourage applicants to use our online system for application submission, however applicants who wish to submit their portfolio by postal mail may do so. For instructions, please click here.
Applicants will be notified of the results via e-mail on or after February 15, 2018. Processing for applications received after January 15, 2018 may vary between 3 and 6 weeks depending on the time of submission.
Successful applicant is allowed two weeks to accept or decline the invitation, and must complete required paperwork and submit registration deposit to secure the position.